Friends of the school
1st Meeting of the Year on Monday 4th October @7pm
Friends of the School
Monday 4th October 2021
- Reading areas update – Are they complete, pictures to go in newsletter to show how money raised has been spent.
- Library update – quotes in, advertising what we are now raising money for.
- Treasurers update on changing signatories plus summary of the sum raised this year, spent this year and balance left.
- Update on email address and Facebook page
- Any other requests for funding
- Date for AGM
- Recruitment of new members
- Ideas and planning of fundraising through the academic year.
Tuesday 20th July meeting @7pm
Agenda and link to teams Click here to join the meeting
Monday 14th June Friends meeting - Minutes
We are the 'Friends of Saint John the Baptist School'
The friends of the school are made up of teachers and parents, passionate about helping our school community. We are a registered charity and raise thousands of pounds every year to enhance the education of the children at our school. We run a number of social and fundraising events throughout the year such as Christmas and Summer Fayres, Quiz Nights, Mother’s day breakfast and afternoon tea, Easter egg hunts, Film Nights and other activities which provide fun and laughter for all involved and raise money along the way.
Funds we have raised have been used to make a significant difference to the children, including contributions to school trips, buying books to promote reading, funding new PE equipment and providing Christmas and Easter treats for our pupils. These events also provide a great opportunity for families and school staff to get together and have fun.
All parents of children at the school are automatically members of the Friends of the School and we would love you to get involved. We are a friendly and welcoming group and If you are interested in being part of this team, please either speak to the school office or ask for the contact details of Hilary Hand (chair) Mrs F Crampton (link teacher) or please approach any of the committee members.
For the latest Friends of the School updates please see our website updates, or information given on the School’s weekly newsletter.